Has it really been more than a year since the last Type A Conference? Because it seems like just yesterday that I was meeting and talking to these wonderful bloggers.
This year, I had no kids or husband in tow so I was able to spend more time getting to know people. It really was a different experience and I’m glad I had the opportunity to have both perspectives.
The venue changed this year – from the Asheville, N.C. to the Hilton City Center in Charlotte, so the vibe of the conference was a bit different, as well. There were no cool little stores to explore during down time, and we had the “Heroes Convention” next door instead of finding a drum circle.
Yet, no matter where you put these ladies – and a few men – we connect, we laugh, we learn and we grow. We attend sessions and hands-on workshops, sneak off to our hotel room to write, update code or make fixes based on other tips and tricks learned throughout the day.
At the end of the day, we relax and unwind with a good meal, maybe a walk and definitely a party where we can socialize and of course connect again.
I come home with a bag full of business cards, a lot of new Twitter connections and a little schwag. Just the right balance to make the Type A Conference another happy memory.
And in no particular order:
- Thanks to Kelby of course for the opportunity to speak and for organizing another fantastic conference.
- Thanks to Anne at Not a Supermom for the ride from the airport and Danyelle from The Cubicle Chick for airport-to-hotel conversation.
- Thank you for dinner and conversation with Dave from Large Media and Angela from Untrained Housewife.
- Thank you for dinner with Kim from Mommycosm (also thanks for sharing a room) and Amy from A Million Boxes.
- And the last but not least dinner with Jessica and Grace from Splash Creative Media.
- Thank you for the inappropriate conversation and laughs with KeAnne from Baby with a Twist, Cindy from Reedster Speaks and Angie.
- And finally, thanks to Sommer from Green and Clean Mom for the ride to the airport.