At the beginning of summer, I had outlined our travel plans and added a couple of possible trips and a wish list. We ended up pretty much on track with a couple of additional trips thrown into the mix.
Here’s what we did with our summer vacation (not that I was on vacation all summer but it sure seems like it by looking at this list!)
- The Homestead Resort in Glen Arbor: This is one of our favorite places. We kicked off summer on Memorial Day weekend with a trip to Northern Michigan.
- Cabo San Lucas: Gorgeous resorts, swimming with the dolphins and kayaking on the ocean. Definitely on my list to return.
- Charlotte, NC: Besides my favorite blogging conference, Type A Parent Conference, Charlotte was a great place to visit – and eat.
- New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania: We had a whirlwind family tour of the big city, a waterpark and a relaxing riverside retreat. A perfect combination.
- Grand Traverse Resort in Traverse City: No Michigan summer is complete without a visit to Traverse City. The water was so warm in August.
- Kohler, Wisconsin: We ended our summer with a Labor Day drive to Wisconsin. Golf, tennis, spa and the best french toast I’ve ever had.
A trip to Ontario, Canada, that I had mentioned ended up being just my husband for his work in the fall. Niagara Falls is still on my list as a family trip.
Onward and upward: What started as planning for a family trip to London during Easter break is morphing into a trip to Hawaii in mid-January. We’ll have to take the kids out of school for a couple of days but I think it’s worth it for the life experiences that they will gain. My husband’s job is requesting that he go, so we’ll tag along in the background.
How was your summer?